Here in New Jersey, our winters can get pretty rough—many of us are still trying to recover from the record snowfalls from last year. If you want to make sure you’re not stuck on the side of the road…again, consider equipping your car with winter tires. What’s the difference? Here’s a Winter vs. All Season Tires comparison.
- They use a special rubber compound that stays softer at lower temperatures for better control.
- They provide enhanced braking performance in wintery conditions.
- They perform better in all winter conditions—snow, ice, sleet, slush, wet roads, and even dry cold roads.
- They are designed with an aggressive tread to cut through the snow and reduce build-up on the tire.
- They will help you feel more in control in challenging winter conditions.
- They provide stable handling in wet and dry conditions.
- They offer traction through a variety of weather conditions, but can’t compare to winter tires for traction in snow and ice.
As you can see, winter tires offer numerous benefits over all-season tires for serious winter driving. If you want to make the switch, stop by Glen Toyota today and we’ll help you choose the perfect tires for your car.